March 17, 2012 in Featured Cosplayers
Her complete name, if you don’t know yet, is Alodia Almira Arraiza Gosiengfiao. She’s known as the “Cosplay Queen” in the Philippines and is more popular now as the “Cosplay Goddess” in Asia. She was born March 9, 1988 in Quezon City and graduated at Ateneo de Manila University.
*IMPORTANT* I don’t know Alodia Gosiengfiao personally, though I hope I would, but as a cosplayer, especially if you’re a Filipino, you should at least be proud of her for raising the level of cosplay in the Philippines and for her achievements as a Filipino Cosplayer.
This post was created to save you all the trouble on looking for information about the Cosplay Goddess and I simply listed down several interesting things about Alodia Gosiengfiao that I was able to gather online:
- Her Rikku Gun Mage Cosplay, won 3rd place in C3 Convention, started her popularity
- She has cosplayed more than 40 characters from anime, games and movies (probably more by this time)
- VJ in AnimaxTV (Singapore)
- Ambassador of Globe Tattoo, one of the largest internet and telecommunication provider in the Philippines.
- Host at ABS-CBN’s Laugh Out Loud
- Judge in ABS-CBN’s CGE Star
- Top 100 sexiest woman poll in FHM! Rank 87 in 2009, and rank 76 in 2010
I know not all cosplayers are fans of Alodia Gosiengfiao, and there are even haters out there (jealous brats ). But one thing is for sure, she made a big contribution in the cosplay community especially in the Philippines and that’s more than enough reason for us to appreciate what she does.
See other interesting profiles here: Featured Cosplayers